The first of Inverness's three distilleries to be built (in 1807) and the last to close (in 1985), Millburn was originally known as 'Inverness'. It received its license in 1825 but had changed hands many times before being converted into a corn mill in 1853 by a farmer called David Rose. Thereafter no whisky was made at Millburn until 1876 - 1 ... Read More »
a 1972 vintage Millburn from independent bottler Gordon & Macphail as part of the Connoisseurs Choice series. This was aged for over 20 years before being bottled in 1995 – exactly a decade after the distillery closed.