Special Cuvées are cognacs that are not labelled with the standard classifications of VS, VSOP and XO. Included in this section are Napoleon and Extra cognacs (aged, like XOs, a minimum of six years before bottling) alongside a great variety of other proprietary bottlings.
A bottle of Monnet Anniversaire Cognac, which we estimate was bottled in the 1960s. The house was once run Jean Monnet, who would go on to be one of the 11 founding fathers of the European Union, along with a certain Winston Churchill.
An old bottling of Grande Champagne Cognac from Le Pible by legendary independent bottlers Berry Brothers & Rudd. This was shipped to the UK in 1975 and bottled at their premises in Basingstoke, Hampshire in 1980.
An old bottle of Cognac from Marcel Ragnaud named 'Fontvieille No.35' – today this is produced under the Ragnaud-Sabourin label. The grapes for this were all grown in the Grande Champagne area – 60% Ugni Blanc, with the remaining 40% a combination of Folle Blanche and Colombard.
This 21yo Courvoisier was launched in summer 2011 as part of the innovative Connoisseur Collection of age statement cognacs designed to pull in new customers to the category. The eaux-de-vie for this assemblage is entirely from the Grande Champagne region of Cognac. IWSC 2012 - Gold Medal - Cognac
An old blend of spirit from Hardy, bringing together 40 different Grande Champagne cognacs aged for at least 50 years before bottling. Noces d'Or means, appropriately, Golden Wedding, 50 years of marriage.