Glenlossie, founded in 1876 by John Duff, lies just to the south of Elgin. The distillery was partially rebuilt following a fire in 1929 and was later expanded to 6 stills from 4. Mannochmore distillery was erected nearby in 1971 to act as a backup during times of high demand.
The nose gives an impression of dusty jute sacks in a spice warehouse. There is a fruity honeyed depth adding weight. The palate is playful with a creamy texture as the fruit and some walnut notes intermingle. Spice seems to have the last say and the finish has a gentle lingering quality.