In recognition of Black Tot Day – 31 July 1970, the last day rum was issued in the Navy - we're celebrating with a prize draw!
Rums to enter ►
After years of seeking, Speciality Drinks acquired the last of the remaining Royal Naval rum, kept in storage since 31 July 1970, the original Black Tot Day. Carefully blended and bottled, Black Tot is the last consignment of Royal Naval rum – a slice of history. Worth over £600!
- Colour Bright, yet deep mahogany cut with flashes of ruby.
- Nose Initial treacle notes precede dark chocolate with super-ripe black fruits, muscovado sugar and walnuts. A drop of water releases notes of black banana and liquorice.
- Palate Starts off thick and sweet, becoming light and oaky before a burst of cassis/crème de mûre then espresso and cacao.
- Finish Very long with light scented wood, black fruits and cigar tobacco.
- Strength Remarkably, after 40 years, Black Tot is 54.3% ABV (94.2° proof), almost exactly the original issuing strength.
- a 70cl bottle of Black Tot Rum
- shipping of the bottle
- the prize does not include any customs, import or other fees for deliveries outside the UK
- entrants must be of applicable minimum drinking age in their country of residence in order to enter
- one entry per person
- only purchases from The Whisky Exchange website are eligible
- eligible orders must include two different products listed on the following page:
- eligible purchases made between 24 July 2015 and before 11.59pm on 20 August 2015 will be automatically entered into the draw
- the winner will be notified after 20 August 2015
- no alternative prizes are available
- for full TWE terms and conditions, please click here.
- Other terms and conditions may apply.
- Promoter: The Whisky Exchange, Elixir House, London NW10 7SF.