Glenfiddich 21 Prize Draw
A bottle of
Ladyburn Single Cask
40 Year Old
distilled in 1974
21 Year Old 70cl
21 Year Old 20cl
This Speyside whisky celebrates its 21st birthday by taking a four-month holiday in Caribbean rum casks, which gives it an extra intensity alongside hints of exotic fruit and spice. Expect the classic style of Glenfiddich, full of pear, apple and oak, to be joined by warm spicy toffee, fig, lime and crème brûlée. A lasting, complex finish completes the experience.
40 Year Old
48.8% ABV, 70cl
The Ladyburn distillery was only open for nine years, so its whiskies are some of the world’s rarest. The prize is a bottle of its 40-year-old Lowland single malt, which has notes of oak, carnations, leather, prunes and orange.
This bottle is one of only 157 produced from Cask 89/199 No.74. The bottles were filled on 21 November 2014 – the whisky’s 40th birthday.
Built by William Grant & Sons on the same site as its Girvan grain distillery, Ladyburn produced malt whisky between 1966 and 1975 and was then demolished, making it the shortest-lived whisky distillery in Scotland’s history.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- this promotion is open only to mainland United Kingdom (excluding Channel Islands) residents aged 18 or above, with the exception of employees of William Grant and Sons or anyone else associated with the administration of this promotion
- by entering into the draw you expressly accept these terms and conditions of entry
- purchases of the following product will be eligible for entry into the draw subject to these terms and conditions: Glenfiddich 21 Year Old 20cl, Glenfiddich 21 Year Old 70cl
- eligible purchases must be made through The Whisky Exchange website between 6 October and 5 November 2017 will be entered into the draw. All valid entries received during this time will be entered into the draw
- only one entry is permitted per person notwithstanding the number of eligible purchases made by any individual
- Please ensure that all details included in your entry are accurate, otherwise we may not be able to contact you if you are selected as the winner
- The winner will be notified on or after 6 November 2017 by email or telephone call
- if you are selected as the winner, you must respond within seven days of notification confirming your acceptance of the prize. In the event a winner does not respond to communications within seven days of initial contact or if any prize is declined, the promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and not award the prize to a reserve
There is one prize consisting of:
- one bottle of Ladyburn Single Cask 40 Year Old (1974) 70cl
- the prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative is available. However, the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances
- proof of identity may be called for before the prize is awarded
- this promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
For full TWE terms and conditions, please click here.
Other terms and conditions may apply.
Promoter: The Whisky Exchange, Elixir House, London NW10 7SF.