The Golden Geishas
Single Sherry Cask Japanese Whiskies
Bottled by Elixir Distillers exclusively for The Whisky Exchange
Your chance to buy the world's rarest whisky
Few people are lucky enough to taste, let alone buy, a bottle of Karuizawa. Not only is the whisky of sensational quality, but the distillery stopped production almost 20 years ago.
This pair of exclusive single-cask bottlings showcases the Karuizawa character perfectly. Long maturation in sherry casks has produced rich, deeply flavoured whisky that is almost black in colour. With only 129 and 225 bottles available of these two releases, we will be allocating this rare whisky by ballot.
33 Years Old
Sherry Cask #3579
- Old leather and warm engines with rich riverbank earth, mushroom hints and sweet dried fruit.
- Intense and full bodied, with the earthiness of the nose lifted by black pepper, sweet liquorice and dried cherries.
- Coffee and cloves fade to leave raisins and menthol.
31 Years Old
Sherry Cask #3667
- Pipe tobacco, dried citrus peel, tarred ropes, raisins and dark, dry oloroso sherry notes.
- Black liquorice and bittersweet orange marmalade with a backbone of dried fruit. Water amplifies the fruit.
- A burst of sweet raisin followed by polished oak and rich earthiness.
The ballot for The Karuizawa Golden Geishas is now closed. If you have already entered, we will let you know whether you were successful as soon as possible.
Fake bottles of rare whisky and spirits do occasionally appear on the market. It is therefore important for you to be 100% sure your bottle is genuine and contains the liquid stated on the label. The Whisky Exchange and Elixir Distillers are working with Prooftag to ensure this.
Already used in the wine industry, the Prooftag Bubble Tag™ is a unique bottle seal that allows you to authenticate your whisky. No two tags are alike, and the combination of a code and uncopiable features means that you can check online that your bottle is real. Bottle authentication and more information can be found on the Elixir Distillers website.
Terms and Conditions
- winners of the Karuizawa ballot will be offered the chance to purchase one bottle of either Karuizawa Golden Geisha 31yo Cask #3667 or Karuizawa Golden Geisha 33yo Cask #3579
- only one entry per person. Multiple entries will be ignored
- each entry can be for either one of the two bottles or for both
- each winner can only purchase one bottle – once a person's name has been drawn as a winner, they will not be drawn as a winner for the other bottle
- the ballot will close at 11.59pm on Tuesday 20 June 2017
- the first round of draws will take place on Wednesday 21 June 2017
- ballot winners will be contacted with details of how to purchase their bottle. Non-winners will receive confirmation that they have not been selected in the first round
- if any winners do not take up the chance to purchase their bottle within seven days, those winning ballots will be redrawn and new winners contacted. This will continue until all bottles are sold
- entering the ballot will add you to our mailing list. You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe whenever we send you an email.
For full TWE terms and conditions, please click here.
Other terms and conditions may apply.