Tasting Notes by Stuart Peskett, The Whisky Exchange:
- Fresh and clean, with aromas of candied lemon peel and rich cake spices.
- Robust and spicy, quite a dense mouthfeel and richly textured, with cinnamon and clove on the palate, and citrus-tinged freshness to lighten the load.
- Harmonious blend of dense spices, rich oak, and lemon and orange notes. Delightful.
Tasting Notes by Stuart Peskett, The Whisky Exchange:
- Sweeter and fruitier than the Coffey Malt, this is has oodles of sweet spice, mango and papaya aromas, candied orange peel and coconut.
- Toffee popcorn, with more of that heady citrus and tropical fruit. Quite a mouthful.
- Not especially long lasting; rich oak and marmalade notes dominate.
The Prize A VIP trip for two people to London worth £1,000
• transport from anywhere in the UK to London
• one night's accommodation and breakfast in a five‑star hotel
• a tasting-menu dinner for two at Roka Mayfair
Terms & Conditions
- this promotion is open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Speciality Drinks, Speciality Brands Ltd, their associated companies, agents, third parties or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion
- the instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence
- to enter, purchase a bottle of Nikka Coffey Malt 70cl or Nikka Coffey Grain 70cl through The Whisky Exchange website between 1 April 2017 and 11.59pm BST 30 April 2017
- only one entry per person will be permitted into the draw. Internet access is required
- the winner will be notified by email or a phone call within three working days of the prize draw. The winner will be required to respond within seven days of notification confirming their acceptance of the prize. In the event the winner does not respond to communications within seven days of initial contact or if any prize is declined, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and not award the prize to a reserve
The Prize includes:
- return travel (train or flight) to London for two people from a location of the winner's choice within the UK (up to a maximum amount of £250)
- one night in a five-star London hotel at a venue chosen by Speciality Brands Ltd (for two people sharing a room) with breakfast (up to a maximum of £500)
- tasting-menu dinner for two people at Roka Mayfair (up to a maximum of £275 including drinks)
- the prize must be redeemed by 30 June 2017
- the date of the VIP trip is subject to availability
- if a previously confirmed winner for a prize contacts the Promoter outside of the winner communication timeframe (as stipulated in the following clause), to then accept or decline their prize the Promoter reserves the right to maintain their disqualification and not award them that prize
- the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to or disqualify any entrant whose conduct may be unlawful or otherwise bring the Promotion into disrepute. In the event of such disqualification the Promoter may award the applicable prize to another entrant
- the decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- the Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries. Any incorrect information provided will render the entry void
- the winner shall, at the Promoter's request, participate in reasonable promotional activity surrounding the winning of the prize, for no further consideration, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and images in promotional material, which includes social media, and any other details they submit for the administration of the promotion
- the name and region of the winner will be available by writing to the Promoter for up to one month from the time of the draw
- the prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternative in whole or in part. In the event for any reason the prize winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize
- the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value and to amend the itinerary
- if for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries
- the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury or death caused by their negligence, and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law
- by entering this promotion you are agreeing to these terms and conditions
- this promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
For full TWE terms and conditions, please click here.
Other terms and conditions may apply.
Promoter: The Whisky Exchange, Elixir House, London NW10 7SF.