One of two bottles of
Simply BUY A BOTTLE of eitherPENDERYN Legend, Madeira or Mythby 2 November 2015
and you'll be entered into the prize draw
That Try Welsh Single Malt Whisky
70cl | 41%
That Try is the fourth bottling in Penderyn’s Icons of Wales series. Released in time for the Rugby World Cup 2015, it is a tribute to the greatest try ever scored (aka 'That Try'), scored by Gareth Edwards for the Barbarians against New Zealand on 27 January 1973 in Cardiff.
Matured initially in bourbon barrels, it was finished in quarter casks which used to hold peated Islay whisky, resulting in a sweet and smoky spirit.
Appearance Clean, brilliant honey amber.
Nose Mild aromas of peat smoke, early morning at the rocky seaside and warm marmalade-on-toast all compete for our attention.
Palate A very fresh and clean whisky, beautifully distilled, gives pleasure from the very first sip. It begins with great sweetness before the smoky, slightly medicinal flavours descend.
Finish Slight bitterness follows, that leaves a long and lingering fresh taste in the mouth.
The original release from Penderyn, matured in bourbon barrels and finished in Madeira casks. Crisp and sweet with notes of tropical fruit, raisins and vanilla.Add to Basket
Fully matured in bourbon barrels, Myth is a light and easy-drinking style of whisky with notes of mixed fruit. Full-term maturation means this is the release that allows the distillery’s pure spirit to shine.Add to Basket
The 41% version of the classic Madeira finish, this is delicate and sweet with notes of both fresh and dried fruit, and a long finish.Add to Basket
One of two bottles of Penderyn That Try, signed by Gareth Edwards.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- entrants must be of applicable minimum drinking age in their country of residence to enter
- one entry per person
- only purchases from The Whisky Exchange website are eligible
- purchases of the following products will be eligible for entry into the draw:
- Penderyn Legend
- Penderyn Madeira Finish
- Penderyn Myth
- eligible purchases made between 1.00pm on 17 September 2015 and 11.59pm on
2 November 2015 will be entered into the draw
- the winner will be notified after 3 November 2015
- no alternative prizes are available
- for full TWE terms and conditions, please click here.
- other terms and conditions may apply.
- Promoter: The Whisky Exchange, Elixir House, London NW10 7SF