XO Excellence Cognac
Tasting notes from Billy Abbott
(The Whisky Exchange)
- Sultanas, vanilla extract, almost-ripe grapes, sponge cake and a hint of rich Pedro Ximénez sherry.
- Rich and spicy, with cinnamon and cloves. It also has some drying tannins, which tingle along the sides of the tongue, and some cooling menthol notes.
- Rich, woody and lingering.
A VIP Trip For Two
The prize is a trip for two to Paris on a date of the winner's choice between 14 March and 30 June 2017. The prize includes one night in a five-star hotel and dinner for two, as well as two Rémy Martin cocktails each. Return travel and transfers will be provided between the winner's chosen location within the UK and Paris. This is a superb chance to experience the delights of Europe's culinary capital.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- this promotion is open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Speciality Drinks, Rémy Martin, their associated companies, agents, third parties or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion
- the instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence
- to enter, purchase a bottle of Remy Martin XO 70cl through The Whisky Exchange website between 26 January 2017 and 11.59pm GMT 8 March 2017
- only one entry per person will be permitted into the draw. Internet access is required.
- a VIP trip for two people to Paris.
- the exact date of the trip will be agreed with the winner, but must be between 14 March and 30 June 2017 and is subject to availability.
The Prize includes:
- return travel (transfer and train or flight) to Paris for two people from a location of the winner's choice within the UK (with a cost of up to a maximum amount of £400)
- up to two Rémy Martin cocktails per person on the night of your stay
- dinner for two people on the night of your stay will be provided at a venue chosen by the House of Rémy Martin (up to a maximum of £400 including drinks)
- one night in a five-star Paris hotel at a venue chosen by the House of Rémy Martin (for two people sharing a room) with breakfast (up to a maximum of £600)
- the winner will be notified by email or a phone call within three working days of the prize draw. The winner will be required to respond within 15 days of notification confirming their acceptance of the prize. In the event the winner does not respond to communications within 15 days of initial contact or if any prize is declined, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and not award the prize to a reserve
- if a previously confirmed winner for a prize contacts the Promoter outside of the winner communication timeframe (as stipulated in the following clause), to then accept or decline their prize the Promoter reserves the right to maintain their disqualification and not award them that prize
- the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to or disqualify any entrant whose conduct may be unlawful or otherwise bring the Promotion into disrepute. In the event of such disqualification the Promoter may award the applicable prize to another entrant
- the decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- the Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries. Any incorrect information provided will render the entry void
- the winner shall, at the Promoter's request, participate in reasonable promotional activity surrounding the winning of the prize, for no further consideration, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and images in promotional material, which includes social media, and any other details they submit for the administration of the promotion
- the name and region of the winner will be available by writing to the Promoter for up to one month from the time of the draw
- the prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternative in whole or in part. In the event for any reason the prize winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize
- the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value and to amend the itinerary
- if for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries
- the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury or death caused by their negligence, and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law
- by entering this promotion you are agreeing to these terms and conditions
- this promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
For full TWE terms and conditions, please click here.
Other terms and conditions may apply.
Promoter: The Whisky Exchange, Elixir House, London NW10 7SF.