CarsebridgeGrain Scotch Whisky

In the 18th century, Carsebridge was one of the largest whisky producers in Scotland alongside Haig (now known as Cameronbridge) and Kennetpans. Originally a malt distillery in 1846, after the increasing demand for grain whisky for blending, two Coffey stills were installed, turning Carsebridge into one of Scotland's largest grain distillery. In 1966 the plant was sold to Scottish Grain Distillers and acquired a third Coffey still and became of the first 'dried solubles' plants, which allowed cereal byproducts to be sold as animal feed. Carsebridge eventually was closed in 1983, by new owner Guinness and demolished in the 1990s. Although Carsebridge never released official bottlings, the remaining stock is still available by independent bottlers.

Close

Showing to of

Sort & Filter