Tullamore DewIrish Whiskey
The Tullamore distillery was originally situated in County Offaly, but after it closed they used whiskey made by Midleton at their distillery in Cork. In 2014 new owners Wm Grant's and Sons built a new Tullamore distillery.
From the website:
One of Ireland's finest and most widely distributed whiskeys, Tullamore Dew was first distilled in 1829 in the small town of Tullamore in County Offaly in the heart of Ireland.
The name derives from the initials of an early owner, Daniel E Williams - DEW.
Tullamore Dew was first distilled in 1829 in the small town of Tullamore in County Offaly in the heart of Ireland.
Ireland was once the world's greatest whiskey producing nation, exporting the drink all over the world. One of the most famous labels still popular world-over is Tullamore Dew.
The origins of Tullamore Dew - ‘the legendary Irish whiskey’ - can be traced back to 1829 when the Tullamore Distillery was founded in Tullamore, County Offaly by Michael Molloy.
Tullamore - the name derives from Tulach Mhór meaning ‘big hill’ - is in the heart of Ireland’s finest grain growing region, a rich agricultural area in the centre of Ireland, providing both the fine barley and pure water essential to the creation of good whiskey.
The distillery and the town prospered throughout the 19th century. The Grand Canal, that connects Tullamore with Dublin, was the main thoroughfare through the town and vitally important in bringing goods and materials to the town and distributing the whiskey to wider markets.
Character and Style of Tullamore Dew