ONE OF THREE LIMITED-EDITION
20 YEAR OLD
BUY A BOTTLE OF
Glenfarclas 105 was created in 1968 when George S Grant bottled a single cask at 60% (105° proof) for his friends and family as Christmas gifts.
Made publicly available the next year, this was the original modern-era cask-strength whisky. Big, bold and heavily sherried, this is warm and smoky with notes of dried fruit and rich spice, and a long finish.
Colour Deep peaty gold.
Nose Complex, oaky, apples and pears, and a tempting dark-toffee sweetness.
Flavour Dry and assertive, develops quickly to reveal a rich spiciness, combined with a hint of oak and sherried fruit.
Finish Amazingly smooth for the strength; wonderfully warming and with a lingering smokiness, yet very rounded.
Comment A great whisky holding all the flavours of all the Glenfarclas in one glass.
20 Year Old
Crystal Bottle 70cl | 60%
This limited-edition bottling of Glenfarclas 105 was matured for 20 years and bottled at natural cask strength.
Just three Glencairn Crystal bottles have been produced of this long-aged whisky for us to give away.
With notes of Christmas cake and chocolate-covered coffee beans, this is a real treat for fans of sherried whisky.
GLENFARCLAS 10520 YEAR OLD
Colour Strong, rich oak, a 20-year-old copper still.
Nose Big, powerful aromas – be wary; it is 60% ABV. A typical Glenfarclas nose with Demerara sugar and figs.
Flavour The last bit of a Christmas cake, a little drier than the middle but you get the extra sugar. More sweetness in the front of your mouth giving way to bitter sweetness. Chocolate-covered coffee beans spring to mind. Sweet then melting into bitterness. Lots of fruit and brandy flavours apparent.
Finish Lovely and long, the age really coming through here over the strength, definitely a dram to savour as the finish will last a very long time.
Conclusion Another great addition to the 105 family along with the 105 and 105 40 Year Old.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- entrants must be legally allowed to purchase alcohol in their country of residence to enter
- one entry per person
- only purchases from The Whisky Exchange website are eligible
- purchases of the following product will be eligible for entry into the draw:
- Glenfarclas 105
- eligible purchases made between 1 April 2016 and 11.59pm on 16 May 2016 will be entered into the draw
- three entrants will each win a crystal bottle of Glenfarclas 105 20 Year Old
- the winners will be notified after 16 May 2016
- no alternative prizes are available
- for full TWE terms and conditions, please click here
- Other terms and conditions may apply
- Promoter: The Whisky Exchange, Elixir House, London NW10 7SF