WIN A TRIP FOR TWO TO OBAN DISTILLERY Simply buy a 70cl bottle of Oban Little Bay and you will be entered into our prize draw
BUY A BOTTLE OF OBAN LITTLE BAY
LITTLE BAY 70cl | 43%
Oban whisky is known for its smooth, spicy style, and its latest release, Little Bay, is no exception. It is married in the smallest casks available at the distillery – 200-litre ex-bourbon barrels – which adds richness and spiciness to this fruity, honeyed dram.
Oban's Malt Master, Dr Matthew Crow, helped to accentuate the maritime and citrus character in Little Bay, which is distilled in tiny lantern-shaped copper pot stills, some of the smallest in Scotland.
BY STUART PESKETT
Nose Clean, bright fruit, with aromas of peach, orange peel and a touch of red berries. Some pleasing oatmeal-biscuit notes, too, along with honey and cherry.
Palate Fuller on the palate, with cinnamon and clove mingling with rich, honeyed fruit – apricot, apple and orange – and brioche. A sprinkling of freshly cracked black pepper perks up the palate, too, along with a hint of barrel char.
Finish The citrus fruit and spices fade in equal proportion.
The Oban distillery is located in the heart of the picturesque west-coast town, and is one of the oldest whisky distilleries in Scotland. It's also one of the most popular distilleries to visit, given its location and reputation for warm hospitality.
One lucky customer will have the opportunity to enjoy a VIP tour and tasting for two at the distillery, as well as dinner and one night's accommodation in a hotel, and return flights (within the UK) – a fantastic prize for any whisky fan.
- flights to Glasgow from the UK for two people
- transfers to and from the hotel
- VIP tour of Oban Distillery
- dinner for two (up to the value of £75)
- one night's hotel accommodation (twin or double room), including breakfast.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- this promotion is open only to United Kingdom (excluding Channel Islands) residents aged 18 or above, with the exception of employees of Diageo UK or anyone else associated with the administration of this promotion
- by entering into the draw you expressly accept these terms and conditions of entry
- purchases of the following product will be eligible for entry into the draw subject to these terms and conditions:
- Oban Little Bay 70cl
- eligible purchases must be made through The Whisky Exchange website between Friday 1 April and 11.59pm BST on Monday 16 May 2016. All valid entries received during this time will be entered into the draw
- only one entry is permitted per person notwithstanding the number of eligible purchases made by any individual
- please ensure that all details included in your entry are accurate, otherwise we may not be able to contact you if you are selected as the winner.
- the winner will be notified on or after 17 May 2016 by email, text or phone call
- if you are selected as the winner, you must respond within seven days of notification confirming your acceptance of the prize. In the event a winner does not respond to communications within seven days of initial contact or if any prize is declined, the promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and not award the prize to a reserve
- there is one prize of a trip to Oban for two people for one night, to visit the Oban distillery to win. The prize consists of two return flights (economy) from the UK (various airports) to Glasgow, return transfers from the airport to the hotel, dinner for two (up to the value of £75), and one night's hotel accommodation including breakfast
- accommodation will be either a twin or double room, based on winners' requirements
- any other costs which are not expressly included in the prize stated must be paid by you (such as room service and/or travel insurance)
- the trip to Scotland must be completed by 31 October 2016
- the prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative is available. However, the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances
- proof of identity may be called for before the prize is awarded.
Other Terms and Conditions
- by entering the competition, you agree that any personal data supplied in connection with the competition (including your name, image and contact details) may be used by us, our agents, partners and/or any third-party suppliers (as applicable) in connection with the administration of the competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes
- we may, in our sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions and we reserve the right to disqualify any entrant whose conduct maybe unlawful or otherwise bring the promotion into disrepute. In the event of such disqualification we may award the application prize or another entrant
- the decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law
- we will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within our control. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry
- we reserve the right to suspend or withdraw the promotion or amend the competition or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions
- this promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- for full TWE terms and conditions, please click here
- Other terms and conditions may apply
- Promoter: The Whisky Exchange, Elixir House, London NW10 7SF