A BOTTLE OF
18 YEAR OLD
Talisker 18 Year Old is a classic Scottish single malt, one of the most reliable and dependable whiskies you'll find. The 18 Year Old has that trademark Talisker maritime character, along with a warming peppery bite and succulent fruitiness.
from the Producer
Nose Rich and fruity – Victoria plums, greengages, dried orange peel – with some butterscotch and rum toffee and a thread of smoke behind. The smoke soon advances into the foreground and the toffee note is joined by a light mintiness. With water, maritime characteristics emerge – dry boat varnish, edible seaweed. Still sweet; now with notes of iodine and the smokiness of an unstruck match.
Body Full. Pleasant, smooth.
Palate Sweet in front, then more assertive, with a whiff of smoke. The overall effect is warming. The development is towards smoke, coal-tar and toffee.
Finish Medium length. Talisker’s characteristic chilli 'catch' in the finish is subtly present in the aftertaste.
30 Year Old
Talisker 30 Year Old offers a mix of bitter-orange notes and soft, salty peat. A stunning, sublime whisky
25 Year Old
A display of measured power, this has been aged for a quarter of a century and shows Talisker's softer side, although the pepper and spice still lurks in the background
The current Whisky Exchange Whisky of the Year, Talisker 2003 DE is finished in amoroso casks, adding a sweet, fruity edge to the maritime, coastal character
Port Ruighe spent time in ruby-port casks, giving the whisky a rich, fruity character that is ideal served with dessert
A turbo-charged bottling that takes the smoke and pepper of the 10 Year Old and cranks everything up a notch or two
Skye is the most approachable and easy-drinking whisky of the range. A fitting introduction to the world of Talisker
Founded in 1830, Talisker is one of the best-known whisky distilleries in Scotland. Part of Diageo's Classic Malts series, it is one of the company's most important brands, famed for its intense, smoky and peppery style.
There have been a number of new releases over the past few years, but the 10 Year Old remains a benchmark among Scottish single malts. Its home is Carbost on Skye.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- entrants must be legally allowed to purchase alcohol in their country of residence to enter
- one entry per person
- only purchases from The Whisky Exchange website are eligible
- purchases of the following product will be eligible for entry into the draw:
- Talisker 18 Year Old
- eligible purchases made between 16 May 2016 and 11.59pm on 27 June 2016 will be entered into the draw
- one person will win 70cl bottles of
- Talisker 30 Year Old
- Talisker 25 Year Old
- Talisker 2003 Distillers Edition
- Talisker 57° North
- Talisker Port Ruighe
- Talisker Storm
- Talisker Skye
- Talisker 10 Year Old
- the winner will be notified after 27 June 2016
- no alternative prizes are available
- for full TWE terms and conditions, please click here
- Other terms and conditions may apply.
- Promoter: The Whisky Exchange, Elixir House, London NW10 7SF.